Stampede

Duskwood's PREMIER Horde PvP guild

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Locations of Rich Thorium Nodes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BadHair
Admin

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2006-08-27

PostSubject: Locations of Rich Thorium Nodes   Tue May 15, 2007 5:12 pm

All the miners know how hard it is to...

1. SKill up thru thorium as its hard to find enough nodes.

2. Farm thorium for Jewelcrafting.. cuz its hard to find enough nodes.. and some stones ONLY come from Thorium.

So... which the server was down today I did some websurfing and found the following info.. IM eager to try it out. Had he put coords is only thing that woulda made this better.

Winterspring--
The lvl 57-60 tiger area on the north end spawns 3 rich thorium ever 14.5 min starting from left, then north, then right side.
Yetti cave east of everlook spawns 2 Rich thorium veins that spawn ever 28.2 min one at the very end of the cave, one on the ramp up left side.
Thisulfur Village on the north east side of winterspring has 3 mines that spawn ever 34 min. Left of the gate going in one on the north up the hill and one on the south east at the dead end.
Owlbeast hill southeast side of winterspring near the valley of giants, 29.2 min 2 rich thorium spawns. one in the cave on the left of the owls, one up the hill in the cave on the right
Ungoro --
West side near the lvl 55-56 elite dino at the west pylon not sure of spawn time.
Fire hill in the center of ungoro there are 5 potential spawn points best thing to do there is run up the hill check mini. no spawn run down. no need it walking around it as the mini can cover the whole hill in 2 sec
Silthius --
Misc thorium all over the zone. one of the best mining spots for thorium ore in general there is (imo). Rich thorium on all 4 points of the zone north,south,east,west look at the map once in the zone and hit the 4 center points of each direction 59 min spawn for each mine.
Also if you are a rogue or have a couple buds with you there is ALWAYS 2-3 rich thorium down in the individual insect areas monster lvls ranging from 55-62 elite. (i take a preist and a rogue with me and hit all 4 areas)
East Plague --
East plague has 3 that i know of. respawn is random in this area. 1 is in the cavern just south of light hope chapel. One spawns up the hill north of Light hope in the cauldren area (not sure the name dont care just there for the ore). One spawns North west of light hope near Zul Mashaar just check the general area as this mine jumps a bit.
Suggestions --
If you are in need of ore farm winterspring or silthius as they are the highest mine per area for thorium. If you get your mining spawns right you can endless run from rich thorium to rich thorium for about 30-90 ore per hour and about 6-10 gems per hour
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.TrishCharles.com
drkphnx

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Locations of Rich Thorium Nodes   Wed May 16, 2007 12:17 pm

A bit of an advice, watchout for those tigers in winterspring cuz they're kinda stealthed. Tried to go there once and got attacked by 2. They're also high level beasts and are hard to shake of. Go there only if you're around 60 pref 60+. Like BH said, would have been better if coords were provided. Without it there's a big chance that you'll bump to those tigers. Come prepared.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
towen
Veteran

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2006-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Locations of Rich Thorium Nodes   Wed May 16, 2007 9:53 pm

I found the best zone to level my mining to be the blasted lands. There weren't many rich thorium viens but tons of smalls ones (and lots of mithril too). The area is pretty small and the beast are mid to high 40s or low 50s so it's not as scary as 59-60 stealthed cats or lvl 56 elite dinos. The mine (umm I can't remember the name but it's huge) has a ton of nodes, as does the tiny ogre outpost to the NW and around the middle of the map near the roadway leading to the dark portal and the ogres near there. Also if you just run around the edges of the mountains there you'll find nodes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Criid
Veteran

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Locations of Rich Thorium Nodes   Sun May 20, 2007 8:23 pm

towen wrote:
I found the best zone to level my mining to be the blasted lands. There weren't many rich thorium viens but tons of smalls ones (and lots of mithril too). The area is pretty small and the beast are mid to high 40s or low 50s so it's not as scary as 59-60 stealthed cats or lvl 56 elite dinos. The mine (umm I can't remember the name but it's huge) has a ton of nodes, as does the tiny ogre outpost to the NW and around the middle of the map near the roadway leading to the dark portal and the ogres near there. Also if you just run around the edges of the mountains there you'll find nodes.

This is seriously true. I've been grinding away here, and have managed to get around 20 mithril ore and about 10 or 12 thorium ore in the space of about an hour. I really recommend it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
towen
Veteran

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2006-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Locations of Rich Thorium Nodes   Mon May 21, 2007 8:33 pm

I think the name of the mine I mentioned is garrison armoury or something like that...as you enter the blasted lands from swamp of sorrow it's on your left once you clear the ridges. The dudes in there are mid to high 40s and the play is huge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Criid
Veteran

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Locations of Rich Thorium Nodes   Fri May 25, 2007 7:34 am

So, I'm thinking... I gotta use my alliance toon in here. But, as the miners are friendly and don't attack you: you can't mine the nodes in here either. Hamstrung! Just in case anyone was getting any ideas about it. I wanted to be the one who shot you down. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Locations of Rich Thorium Nodes   

Back to top Go down

Locations of Rich Thorium Nodes
Page 1 of 1