Stampede
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stampede

Duskwood's PREMIER Horde PvP guild

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LW worth it for hunters?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
towen
Veteran
towen

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2006-11-15

LW worth it for hunters? Empty
PostSubject: LW worth it for hunters?   LW worth it for hunters? EmptySun May 13, 2007 2:33 pm

Just looking for a bit of advice from leather workers and/or hunters. Right now Hanni is a LW and I'm wondering whether I should bother with it in Outlands? I know LW is normally geared towards Druids and Rogues...just curious if there are a lot of good mail recipes that are worth the work.
Back to top Go down
drkphnx

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-04-10

PostSubject: Re: LW worth it for hunters?   LW worth it for hunters? EmptyMon May 14, 2007 5:48 pm

Not sure what level Hanni is, but IMHO, LW for hunter should stop at 225. From then you can either switch to armorsmithing or become dragonscale LW, i.e., if you're planning to wear what you make. My hunter is a LW @ 350 and I haven't made a single item (except for the armor kits) useable for him after learning to wear mail. With BC out I don't think that you will even need to craft anything for him before 70. Armorsmithing has a bit more options for hunter but it's up to you if it's worth switching just for a piece of item you can possibly get a better one in AH or in an instance.

Basically the only item useable in both prof is one at 260 for a level 45. After that the next useable armor is in 330 for a level 65 and then 375 for level 70. Armorsmith has one in 350.

The only reason I kept my LW is.... I didn't know what i was doing lol . Not wasted though since I sent those gears to my alt (lvl 29 war) for DE. So if I want to level him, he's got most of the mats to get him to learn all trainable skills from Ulda.

Bottomline is if you're planning to wear those you make at 70 then go ahead and choose between dragonscale LW or armorsmithing. If not, then you can choose any other prof that you like cuz there's not a lot of useable crafted mail for hunters Crying or Very sad . Still a long way for Hanni to 70 for sure so lots of time to ponder what prof will benefit you more. For me, I should have just chosen Alchemy for those agi/mana pots but no worries cuz I'm taking it on my 29 shammy Cool .
Back to top Go down
towen
Veteran
towen

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2006-11-15

PostSubject: Re: LW worth it for hunters?   LW worth it for hunters? EmptyMon May 14, 2007 5:58 pm

Thanks for the advice and it was what I was thinking too. I already have a ton of gear for when I hit 60 with Hanni (I'm 48 right now) just from drops with Towen and Clarisse. I'm thinking I'll switch to another gathering prof for some gold making since epic mounts for 3 toons is going to drain my pocket lol. I'm already at the point in LW where I won't wear much of the mail I can make...and mats are a pain to farm or few and far between on the AH. lol I do what you do, send my gear to Towen for deing of no one else wants it. So much Nightscape stuff on the AH that it's not worth trying to sell.
Back to top Go down
BadHair
Admin
BadHair

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2006-08-27

PostSubject: For me...   LW worth it for hunters? EmptyTue May 15, 2007 3:34 pm

It's all about the money.. (smile)

My hunter is a LW.. even tho she's never worn anything Ive made. The leather working products sell well and Ive always felt that LW is one of the professions that always makes money.. even at low lvls as everyone needs armor kits and as they replace their armor kits they need more kits.

The outlands armor kits are very popular and sell very well. Granted if a lot more LW were making and selling them my profit margin would go down so maybe I should STFU but the kits are currently holding steady at 85g each.. you dont much need anything to make them but leather. So none of that annoying collect a bunch of different kids of mats thing.

BH
Back to top Go down
http://www.TrishCharles.com
drkphnx

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-04-10

PostSubject: Re: LW worth it for hunters?   LW worth it for hunters? EmptyWed May 16, 2007 12:08 pm

True..the armor kit is mostly the sustaining portion in LW as well as some blue armor you can make for lower levels. I used to make some profit by making barbaric bracers being a twink gear for 20-29. When BC hits, I raced my LW in order to learn the armot kits. Started buying some primal/motes of earth as well as some thick clefthoof leather when AH prices are low in order to make the clefthide leg armor kit. Send to my AH toon and advertised like "get your twink upgraded, only one in AH" Laughing . I stopped when the kit prices went down later while the price of leather and primal earth went up. Profit margin is still good though but the demand isn't that high. Still worth it if you like buying/selling in AH.

For me with outlands and at 70, I don't really dig much into prof now. I earn more with drops while grinding for aldor/scryer marks. With luck you might even get a rare or purple to drop. But as always take the prof that you like and enjoy.

On a side note, if you have a high level enchanter, skinning and leatherworking may still get you some gold. Skin, create armor and DE. Just make sure the cost of mats < DE item.
Back to top Go down
BadHair
Admin
BadHair

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2006-08-27

PostSubject: Keep it...   LW worth it for hunters? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 5:04 pm

my opinion is based purely on personal experience..... your mileage may vary.

I have never taken a profession for gearing my toon. There is nothing u can make that is better than instance gear. In BC they attempted to adjust that... but the craft items are sooo mats intense that the only people seeming to bother to do it are clothies.. as the cloth sets are very comparable.

I have my professions for making gold. My LW hunter.. sells the kits for near 100g each and leather sells at 2g PER PIECE ( 40g a stack ) as fast as I can put it in AH. Nagrand in outlands has a ream of kill beast quests.. you can make a small fortune just skinning ur own quest mobs from lvl 64-68

Since u like me.. have more than one large toon.. I see no reason to dump a good money maker. healing has changed gear as many as 3x in a week when doing runs in outlands.

BH

note on dragonscale... I cant even sell the left over from before BC ones I have for a lousy 15g... when they used to go for 80g.. and shade and I farmed scales for more hours than I wanna count. A quick check of AH verifies... no scales.. no scales means no one is using any... hence not making anything from them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.TrishCharles.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LW worth it for hunters?   LW worth it for hunters? Empty

Back to top Go down

LW worth it for hunters?
Page 1 of 1